What’s the Best Used Car for a College Student?
If you’re getting ready to move to campus, you might be wondering “Do you need a car for college?” Before we answer that, it’s good to know “Can you bring your car to college at all?” Every school is a little different, so it’s a good idea to browse your college website and make a few calls to find out the basics. Get some extra tips and tricks about campus car ownership with Victory Honda of Sandusky, and be sure to drop by to find your next ride!
Can You Bring Your Car to College?
Different colleges have different rules, so before you drive out of Toledo, find out what restrictions apply. Parking can be extremely limited on campus, so some colleges restrict which students can bring a vehicle. And if you are allowed to drive, be sure to look up the parking pass guidelines. You may need to pay extra fees.
Do You Need a Car for College?
Do you need a car for college? Not necessarily, but it can make campus life a lot easier. Here are some things to consider before you make the long drive up from Elyria:
- Costs: Compare the costs of insurance, maintenance, fees, and gas with the costs of public transportation and delivery fees. How does that factor into your budget for the semester?
- Theft: Campuses can be common places for theft to occur, so be sure to lock up and leave valuables out of your cabin. You might want to get a steering wheel lock for extra peace of mind.
- Insurance: If you don’t think you’ll be driving heavily on campus, ask your insurance representative if you can get a low-mileage discount. You might save a little extra cash.
Best Honda Used Car for a College Student
Honda is packed with smart choices for the college student, but here are a few that Lorain drivers love:
- The Honda Fit is a subcompact hatchback that can easily maneuver in tight parking garages, but its Magic Seat® design reveals as much space as a crossover inside the cabin!
- The Honda Civic is a best-seller across the globe for good reason. It’s reliable, fuel-efficient, and stylish – everything a college student wants.
- The Honda CR-V is a bigger and bolder SUV that’s perfect for loading up cargo, and it even comes in a hybrid design for greater fuel savings.
Find Out More with Victory Honda of Sandusky
Victory Honda of Sandusky is here to help you with all of your automotive needs in the Sandusky area, so don’t hesitate to reach out for more information. Contact us with any questions or stop by our showroom to see our Honda inventory up close!
More from Victory Honda of Sandusky
While all Honda vehicles come with several advanced safety features, defensive driving is the best way to prevent accidents. Teen Drivers Inexperience is a leading cause of crashes involving teens. That’s why Honda has teamed up with the National Safety Council to offer parents valuable resources they can use to help teach their teens how…
Did you know that this week is National Teen Driver Safety Week? October 17-23, 2021. We are using this week as a reminder to talk to our teenage children about the importance of staying safe behind the wheel. While these are important conversations to have every week, this week we are being sure…
Get A High Score With The New 2022 Honda Civic Si EvoTrack Experience Check out Honda’s newest mobile and desktop video game! Go to evotrack.honda.com from your mobile phone or on your desktop computer to get behind the wheel of a New Honda and earn a high score. Easily challenge your friends and family…